Inspirational Quote

Chuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What the Schmatz?!


Weird things are abounding in the burgeoning metropolis of Clinton, Utah. I have been having strange dreams as of late. Last night was probably the most surreal of all. I dreamt I was in training, in Jerusalem to become a Rabbi. Yes, a Rabbi. As part of my final test, I had to recite a Yiddish prayer verbatim, including all of the slurring of Ls and such at the Wailing Wall. My little Jewish friend (I don't know his name, nor did I know I had a Jewish friend)and I passed our final trial. We were both given new blue satin Yarmulkes and prayer shawls. We then headed over to the public bath for a schvitz.
Maybe it is my inner Jew coming out in me. Maybe it is the fact that I watched Neil Diamond's "The Jazz Singer" about 5 times in the last 3 months. Or maybe it is a global conspiracy to get people hooked on purine foods. I don't know, but my Mission President's counsel to me before I came home was to remember my dreams. This is one that will be pondered upon continuously. So, L'chaim!

4 comments:

lizzie said...

shalom...

katie said...

You are very weird!

Annie said...

You do kinda remind me of the fiddler on the roof.

Really Wild West Mama said...

Ryan,

You DO have weird dreams! Do you think the book inspired this one? What ties to Judahism (sp?) do you have? Let us know if you figure it out, ok?

YOU make me LAUGH!!!