Inspirational Quote

Chuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Random Thoughts.......

More Ramblings:

1. Why the hell won't my ear clear up? I have poured everything short of battery acid into my ear and it still won't unclog. I tried listening to my iPod last night-only got it in mono.
2. Did anybody watch the season finale of 'The Office' last week? I think everybody was disappointed that Jim did not propose to Pam. Not me. I was elated to see Dwight hook back up with Angela again. I have always maintained that their relationship was the best and most intriguing. 2 marginal people in love-it doesn't get any better than that. I was also happy to see Ryan land in jail. He's bugged me ever since Season 1. Hope he stays there.
3. The Yankees are 4 games under .500 and 8 games behind the Red Sox who have the best record in the majors. By the way, anybody see John Lester pitch a no-hitter the other night? Not bad for somebody who last year was recovering from cancer. Go Sox!
4. I have some major mixed feelings about what is happening in Texas. I in no way condone polygamy and I abhor abuse in any form. However, I have concerns with what I see as the disregard for civil liberties and rights for the members of the FLDS church. Just seems that Texas Child Protective Services decided to go in and yank 400+ children out of their homes, separating them from their families. All of this appears to have been done because of the suspiscion of abuse. Where is the evidence? And also, why are they not allowed to have their scriptures? We have learned many lessons about religious persecution in this country, much of it the hard way. Fortunately, the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals seems to have some common sense and ordered the children returned to their families today.
5. I still love mowing my lawn.

2 comments:

katie said...

I too was thrilled to see Dwight and Angela go at it. Love that show. I think you should call Kathy and see if you guys can hear each other. It'd make for a great conversation.
The whole Texas thing...i'm with you. I could not STAND the thought of the state taking my children away from me without concrete evidence. Amen.

lizzie said...

i think they have some kind of ear-cleaning out thing in the drug stores these days. but i don't remember anything else about it.

i really do feel bad for those kids in texas.

i missed the season finale of the office. so mad.

haven't gotten in too much baseball this season. although, i am aware of the rockies...

i still hate mowing the lawn.