Inspirational Quote

Chuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Reflections On the Past Week

This has been a very interesting week for me. Just some random thoughts and musings.
  1. I think I am developing OCD when it comes to my lawn. I have a couple of spots in my yard that the sprinklers don't quite cover. At night I go out with the hose and water my little friends (blades of grass) to make sure they get fed. I almost end up hand-watering (I won't tell you what kind of 'job' I tell Barb I am giving it) the whole yard. I now mow the front lawn twice a week and the backyard once a week. I cringe when I see the lawn right before I mow it. I don't want my neighbors to think I am raising a hippie yard.
  2. I have recently re-discovered the joys of Progressive Rock. No longer a relic of the 70's-with new bands like The Mars Volta and Coheed and Cambria, progressive rock is continuing to give me chills that run up and down my back. I have also rediscovered how much I still like Heavy Metal-sorry Mom.
  3. Whe does a woman get a month off for a hysterectomy, but if I go in for a vasectomy I need to be into work the next day? I understand the shock that a woman goes through of having a part of her body removed, but the possibility of a man touching my money-maker makes me shudder-and not with excitement.
  4. Ethan is becoming quite the little hitter. I recently bought a wiffle-ball set and have been throwing balls to him. He is building up some hand-eye coordination and hitting the ball real well.
  5. The other night Mason was real fussy and wouldn't calm down. We were watchng the Colbert Report and they had Rush on as a special guest. As soon as they started playing "Tom Sawyer" Mason calmed down and was transfixed. Yeah!!! I DVR'd it and play it back for him. He also loves listening/watching Guitar Hero. Hopefully he'll be my little rocker!
  6. Yes! Ralph Nader is on the ballot in Utah. Now my choice won't be limited to a Grumpy Old White Man or a Black Celebutante. Neither appeals to me. Go Ralph!

9 comments:

Brandon said...

I feel your obsession with your lawn. My deacons did a lawn-mowing fundraiser today. I helped them mow other peoples’ lawns, but I didn’t want them touching mine (especially after I saw their mowing capabilities – or lack thereof).

I have pretty much stopped listening to music on the radio – talk radio – Rome, Glenn Beck. But I just can’t take Metallica, Motley Crue, Ozzy, and Poison off my iPod.

I love your description of Obama – celebutante – that is exactly what he is!

katie said...

You're worried about a vasectomy? Try giving birth! Trust me, the needle that they use for a vasectomy is TONS smaller than the epidural one.

Annie said...

are you having a vesectomy? you're a whimp is all i gotta say! and you really should go to the dentist!!!

Mari said...

Finally someone who shares my love of heavy metal. I don't feel so alone in the world. (of haters anyway) I of course save it for when I'm on my way to work. It would freak my mom out, hope she doesn't read this.

(funny reading your blog Ryan, we have a lot in common. We must have inherited the some of the same genes. Maybe from gpa rosse, wouldn't that be funny if he was a metal head..too)

Barb said...

I think you DO have OCD when it comes to the lawn!!
And I think you are too chicken to get a vasectomy, besides who is going to call the doctor?? I'm not so I guess it will never happen. Te-He ;)

lizzie said...

i think you guys should have at least one more baby! it'll be good for you!

Annie said...

i agree with liz...even numbers!!!

Jeanna said...

Hey Ryan- I think the lawn is a male thing Beau would be out there everyday if he could! And it's not really "our lawn" (rental). I am with you and Mari I've alwaysliked Heavy Metal. I can't wait the Office is almost here!!! Sept. 25th I think!

Anonymous said...

i am sooo disappointed ryan..heavy metal? i am a loser of a mom!!! i agree with barb..who would/will call the doctor for your big V? and as far as grumpy old man..he DID spend several years in a pow camp..who woulnd't be grumpy coming out of one of those?