Inspirational Quote

Chuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Rough Day at the Office


Finally a reprieve!

After ending the 2nd quarter on a somewhat good note, the Community Banking President for the North Davis area decided to take her manangers and consultants (Me) out for a day on the town. Now, I have never been much of a morning person, I am at my peak between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM, but today I was able to stir out of my bed at 6:00 AM. By the way, I had no idea the sun was out that early in the summer. I showered and jumped in the car for a quick jaunt over to the Valley View Golf Course in Layton for a quick 9 holes. It was still nice an cool so I really didn't even break a sweat. Thank the Lord for golf carts.

After that we headed over to the Frontrunner Station in Layton and hopped the train to go down to Salt Lake. I hate the morning commute through Davis County and the Frontrunner was a great time. Smooth ride and air conditioned. We got off at the Gateway and quickly went over to the Megaplex for a viewing of "Wall-E". Good movie, even better 20 minute cat-nap.

After the movie we went to Baggia's for lunch where I enjoyed a nice Fettucine with Lobster dish. Sure was good-especially after a light nap.

We were given gift cards to spend on ourselves a little bit. After a bit of shopping, we jumped back on the Frontrunner and made or way home.

Needless to say, I am exhausted. I may need to take tomorrow off!

3 comments:

Dan said...

That sounds an awful lot like my typical day at work, except all the travel...

katie said...

Rough, rough life. You want to know Mike's day yesterday? Work at 7:30 a.m., out in the 100 degrees all day. The moments that he's driving in his truck it's more like 120 degrees. Spends most of the day in his truck. NO A.C. No postal trucks have a.c. Came home from work at 7 p.m. and spent the evening barfing. Seriously, all evening. The heat finally got to him. Glad to hear that you didn't overdue it today. ANd yes, the sun IS up around 6 a.m. you nerd.

lizzie said...

wow, what a tough job...hope you can recover quickly!